Adohr Corp (Adohr) is a Commercial General Contractor/ Construction Management Company built on reputation, experience and training with a backbone of honesty and integrity. We provide construction project related services to both public and private sector clients in a timely, cost effective and innovative manner while providing quality and responsive service by a qualified and experienced staff. Adohr’s commitment is to provide exceptional client service in a fair, ethical and independent manner.
Adohr, incorporated in 1982, currently serves Northwest and Central Ohio specializing in small to medium size projects involving new construction and alterations to existing buildings, building systems, and interior spaces working in both the public and private sectors.
We believe that the construction of a successful project requires the services of a carefully selected team of experienced professionals. Adohr and our resources consist not only of individuals with the essential skills and experience to successfully build your project on time and within budget, but also of a cohesive team of construction experts consisting of construction managers, superintendents, schedulers, architects, engineers, and any specialized consultants.
Adohr can enhance the Client’s staff with pre-planning, design, and construction engineering, contracting, and management expertise that can ensure the best possible project outcome no matter the size or type of delivery method used.
Adohr Corp is fully Bonded and Insured
Adohr accounting, estimating, scheduling, and construction team specialists in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project.
Potential items Adohr would self-perform include:
- Miscellaneous general condition items
- Rough & Finish Carpentry
- Asphalt Shingle and Membrane Roofing
- Doors and Hardware Installation
- Drywall Assemblies
- Acoustical Ceiling Installations
- Miscellaneous specialties and accessories
- Carpentry and Millwork Installation
- Other Work Critical to Schedule or Budget to augment other trades
Being able to accurately estimate costs early in project development, making a commitment to stick to the established budget, and closely monitoring each step of construction to ensure compliance is both an art and a science in which Adohr excels. Our estimate for each project is initially developed by creating a project-specific Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that details each element of the entire scope of work for the project. By utilizing a wide array of resources we are able to confidently validate specific elements of the budget based on:
- Involvement of our Project Manager or Project Team, from project award and pre-construction through final walk-through and project close-out, will establish ownership and responsibility of all costs developed early in project development, which will ultimately require delivering on our promises
- Incorporating historical cost data from similar completed projects
- Collaborating with subcontractors to confirm current price points on labor and materials
An important ingredient in Adohr’s ability to successfully deliver a project has been our consistent utilization of Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules to plan, manage and control the project. Our schedules typically include key milestones, project interfaces, work scope and deliverables for all phases of project development. Adohr uses Microsoft Project for preparation of all construction schedules. Preparation of schedules will include the entire project and biweekly updates that will be issued at the weekly or bi-weekly project meetings. In addition, Adohr will incorporate both equipment and vendors as necessary to assist the Owner with fully-integrated schedules.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT LEAD
Don has been a Project Manager for Adohr Corp since 2000. He prepares contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors. As well as confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
Since 2008 Don has been involved in more than 45 State of Ohio public projects and 30 other types of public projects ranging from $10,000 to $10,000,000 dollars.
Don studies job plans and specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods. This helps in preparing and submitting estimates and also helps develop, establish, and maintains a Master Progress Schedule.
Don’s other responsibilities that while be an asset to this project are:
- Maintain General Contract and Subcontract Documents
- Establish and Monitor administrative procedures for projects
- Maintain requirements for Insurance, Bonding, Safety, Labor Relations, and EEO Compliance.
- Responsible for applications for payments and assure payables are properly disbursed.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Maintain Owner, Architect, Subcontractor, and Vendor relations.
- OHSA 30-hour certified
Rhoda has been responsible for Adohr’s accounts payable and receivable for the last 32 years making sure that applications for payment are submitted and assure that payables are properly disbursed. She also helps prepare quarterly financial reports in which helps maintain the companies bonding capacity.
SUPERINTENDENT & SAFETY LEAD
Tom has over 40 years’ experience working in the construction industry with the last 32 years working with Adohr Corp. Tom has worked on retail interior fit outs such as Lane Bryant, US Shoe, and the Great American Cookie Company as well as standalone fast food restaurants such as Taco Bell and KFC. Tom has also been the Project Lead on several retirement communities and nursing home projects. Today Tom’s main responsibilities are to supervise the projects and maintain a construction schedule as well as help prepare estimates and budgets.